Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff Freezer with 3 drawers. Cant open the door this

Customer Question

I have a Neff Freezer with 3 drawers. Can't open the door this evening beyond halfway - obviously one of the hinges has gone wrong. How can I fix it?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You can't fix the hinges, you have to replace them.

However, If the upper one is showing the spring, see if you can lever the spring out.

Normally the sprung metal snaps and causes a jam.

If you can get it out, you'll be able to open and close the door.

Once open, you'll need the E-Nr number from the label inside the appliance to be able to order new hinges.

Check it out and see what you find, get back to me and I'll help some more.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you mean put in a flat screwdriver and try to force the spring left (the hinges are on the LHS of the door? What happens if it breaks off and jams even more?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you get the spring out, it won't jam.

If you don't want to risk it, you'll never get the door open to be able to change the hinges.

Perhaps it would be better if you order the hinges first and find somewhere for the frozen food before tackling the job.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't order hinges as I don't know the model no. and as I can't open the door I can't read the label inside which tells me. Nor can I get the frozen food out.

And by the way, the system keeps asking for my email address which is [email protected] but it says someone has already used it - yes, it was probably me a year or two ago.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, I realised just after posting that you need the door open to see the label.

You need somewhere to keep the frozen food if you are fearful of being unable to take the sprung metal out.

Is it an integrated appliance?
If it is, you can take the décor door off, if you can, and you can get the door off of the hinges.

I can't help with queries regarding your account, only customer services can do that.