KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

HI I have a Baumatic single oven B205 Been away on hols not

HI I have a Baumatic single oven B205
Been away on hols not used it for 3 weeks. fine prior to going, returned and was about to reset clock and found error message F3E3 on display. pushing any of the buttons had no effect. turning the oven on produced no heat from grill or from main element. fan works and light. unplugged and replugged in = no effect. Any ideas?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

F3E3 indicates an open/shorted oven temperature sensor and to solve this problem the sensor needs replacement. If you want to be sure before replacing the sensor then you can test it with a voltmeter for around 1100 ohms....if it reads more than this then it needs replacement however, if the reading is around or less then 1100 ohms then it is the control board that needs replacement.

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

probably about 10 years.

Customer:

The thing about temp sensor could be right as it has had trouble getting to correct temp on and off recently

Customer:

Hello?

Customer:

Cannot see a sensor to be had on line. Is it likely that I would be able to get an appropriate one, or control board for that matter. also what are the likely costs involved? ie is it a case of replacing the whole thing?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can buy it here however, you will have to confirm with them if that fits your model as well

KevinWhiteJA :

a new sensor is just £40 + repair

KevinWhiteJA :

if it is the control board then looking at the age of unit it is better to buy a new one instead of spending £150 in repairs

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks