Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

We are having building work done and have moved our Beko AP930

We are having building work done and have moved our Beko AP930 to the garage where there is no water connection. When I turned the appliance on it runs ok, but there is a clicking sound from the back of the unit. It sounds like a relay, is it safe to run the unit without a water connection

Rod
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you turn the ice maker off (if fitted) then you can run the appliance without water.

If you leave the ice maker on, it will keep trying to take water in.

If it's running ok and cooling then there's no problem running it.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks for that I have done as you suggest but the clicking continues from the back. It is coming from the water inlet at the bottom right hand corner, when viewed from the rear. Is it ok to run the unit with this??

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If the ice maker is off, then the clicking noise isn't correct.

Take the panel off at the rear and check to see if you can narrow the noise down to the component.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK done that, the noise is coming from the blue component where the water enters the unit(inlet valve) It sounds like a relay clicking and is intermittent. Sometimes quiet for a minute or so then maybe a single click or several.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if it's the inlet valves clicking, the machine is trying to take water in.

Unplug the machine.
Take the wires off of the valve (label them so you know where they fit) and insulate the wires.
This will stop the valve clicking and possibly burning out.

Once you reinstall the machine, reconnect the valve and water.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK done and clicking has stopped, the compressor came on for a few secs and then stopped. I reconnected the wires and tried again, clicking back and compressor did the same. So I have again disconnected wires and will see what happens.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, wait 1/2 an hour, see if the compressor starts up.
Disconnecting the valves has no effect on the compressor.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks. compressor now running as normal, Thanks for the help, job done. Ta very much,

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You're welcome.

Good luck with the building work.

If you haven't already done so, I'd appreciate it if you could rate the answer/help I provided, it's how I get paid for my time and efforts.