Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Got baumatic oven tried to set it up to come on at certain

Got baumatic oven tried to set it up to come on at certain time but didn't work now the oven won't work at all
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
think its a ps600 or something
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, to look up the service information on the appliance I need an actual model number.

It should be on a label in the door recess.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
says. Model osf60oven
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

Got the manuals up now.
Quite a complicated clock / timer on this one.

I don't know what you actually set it to but I see you have to set a time for it to come on and for it to go off.

However, to get it working again, the easiest is probably to start from a new installation position.

Turn the power to the appliance off.
Wait 10 minutes, turn the power on again.

The clock should come on flashing.
The manual (hopefully you have yours there) says to press the manual button, then use the + and - buttons to set the time.

This should take the machine out of auto and allow it to be used again.

Try it, see how it goes and get back to me if you need more help.

Hope this helps
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried that and did not work re set the clock too just trying it again at min
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, what is displayed on the clock?
Does it come on flashing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its 0:00 and its flashing
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, so does pressing manual do anything?

If not, number the buttons with 1 on the left.

Press and hold 1 and 2 together, while holding use the + button to set the time.

If that doesn't work, start again and this time, press and hold 2 and 3 together.

(there's a lot of variations on timers, some need you to press and hold 2 buttons, some require you to press and release the 2 buttons, try them all, 1 of them should work on your machine).

Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes manual lets me set the clock
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, you said it didn't work.
When you set the clock, what happens?
What is showing on the timer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i set clock up to this time now got between 19 and 43 like a little pot with heat coming up from it all other timers say zero except one that u press to turn oven off at certain time that shows time it is now
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, the time is set and the symbol shows manual operation.
Don't press any other buttons after setting the time.

The timer is set, so what happens when you try to use the oven?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
turn first nob to fan oven and nothing even light not coming on when just turn it to light on was working until i tried to set it up to switch on and off just trying it all again
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, try it again as you are describing a faulty timer.
The clock works, it shows the correct symbols but doesn't actually switch so the power gets to the controls.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok so if it is faulty where do i go from here its just a year old
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Unfortunately, you've no warranty and Baumatic have gone bust.
Hoover has bought the name.

You could replace the clock/timer or you could bypass it and have a manual oven only.

Would you be able to take the appliance apart and gain access to the clock and it's wiring?

If not, I'm afraid you would need to get someone in to do it for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do u bypass it to just have manual oven do u need to get behind it to do that
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, you need to access the wiring at the clock to be able to bypass it.