canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Hi. I have Aga Masterchef which is gas (10 years old?). Last

Customer Question

Hi. I have Aga Masterchef which is gas (10 years old?). Last week while using the electric grill the electrics went pop. Now the warming oven, grill, the ignition and the clock are not working. Is this fixable? Or should I look at replacing it?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is this the oven that you are having trouble with? If not, do you have the model number?http://wikisend.com/download/587958/AGA Masterchef XL manual uk U110169-01(30-11-11).pdf

canuck the pro :

http://wikisend.com/download/587958/AGA Masterchef XL manual uk U110169-01(30-11-11).pdf

JACUSTOMER-kgp0srkx- :

Its the Masterchef 100G DESN 512104 or at bottom of manual 5/00 EINS 511951. Couldn't open the manual you gave me a link to. Thanks

canuck the pro :

Sorry for my delayed response. I was away for a couple hours. If you copy and paste the link I sent into your browser can you view it then? Was the pop noise from the appliance itself?

canuck the pro :

How about this one. Can you open it now?

JACUSTOMER-kgp0srkx- :

tried that already and it didnt work. Yes the pop or bang came from the aga.

canuck the pro :

Is there a time that you will be online? This chat is going very slowly.

JACUSTOMER-kgp0srkx- :

Hi. I am here for a bit. I am painting at the moment. It is similar to that one. There was a bang and some smoke. are the electrics repairable. I understand the electric wires and components are at the back centre.

JACUSTOMER-kgp0srkx- :

I have to go out now. Will check your response late. Thanks.

JACUSTOMER-kgp0srkx- :

I can do tomorrow at 12 noon. Is that OK? Jo

JACUSTOMER-kgp0srkx- :

Ok thanks. I have arranged alternative repairs. Your website doesn't explain how it works. You just sent me a document and didn't explain that you needed to find out what kind of model I had first. And then you seemed to vanish! Can I have my money back please as you have not answered my question. Thank you.