KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi my hob is locked out have tried the hold + - answer all

Hi my hob is locked out have tried the hold + - answer all get is front left 0 front right 3 top left e top right r
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is this hob ?

Customer: 3 years
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, so do you mean it is giving ER 03

Customer: Yes Er on the two hobs at the back 03on the front two
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, is it also showing "L" or just this Er and then 03 ?

Customer: It shows L on all 4 hobs when switched on when I press + - that's when E r etc comes on
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, unplug it for few minutes then plug it back and press & hold the ON/OFF button..."L" will be displayed then after this immediately press the "-" button and the "+" button of the front right and then again press the "-" button of this zone

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer: Have tried what you said the E r etc just keep flashing
KevinWhiteJA :

OK ...sorry about the bad news.. ER 03 means power supply fault..you will have to take the hob out and check the wiring to the control, also check if anything is burned out...if all looks good then the main control unit will need replacement..this part itself will cost around £200

Customer: Thanks
KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today....Thanks