Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Hi, My Bosch logixx dishwasher is not pumping water

Customer Question

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Have you checked for a blockage in the outlet pipe? It is connected to the drain under the sink. Also have you ever cleaned the debris filter in the bottom of the inside?

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

Hi Mike,

canuck the pro :

Hi, may I have your name please?

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

Tried to check blockage on out let pipe visually. how do i check it isn't blocked

canuck the pro :

It is held on by a hose clamp. Loosen the clamp and the drain is pushed over a barb. You would then wiggle it off. You will want to have a large bowl or small bucket and some rags ready.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

undone it and not much soapy water came out

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

haven't taken the hose off completely. `Should i do that?

canuck the pro :

Yes, take it off completely. Have your bucket ready.

canuck the pro :

and rags

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

does it pull off? the hose goes up into the dishwasher

canuck the pro :

The end that exits into the drain under the sink. Does the drain not connect under the sink next to the dishwasher?

canuck the pro :

It should connect to the drain pipe on the sink unless there is somehow a different configuration. If you can send a picture of the plumbing under the sink cabinet I can locate it for you.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

ah, that end is off. i was trying to disconnect the pipe from the dishwashwer

canuck the pro :

No need for that. Did it seem there may have been a blockage there? If you look in the barb it was connected to is there a blockage there?

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

no no blockage there. Tried blowing back into it but there was a block not sure if that was normal

canuck the pro :

Was there any humming or anything when it was not draining before?

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

there was a boise and no water was coming through

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

sorry noise

canuck the pro :

like humming?

canuck the pro :

There may have been a blockage in the pump. Let's see if your efforts have released it. Hook it up again and try running again.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

yes i guess. I have to run out and get the kids will try it when i am back. I case i have to unblock the pump can you let me know and I will do it on return. I have undone all the screws on the inside

canuck the pro :

Which screws? You may be able to access the pump from the panel on the bottom front, but maybe not. The alternative would be to remove the dishwasher. We are far from that. Was the filter clear? We can pick it up whenever convenient. I will have some short times when I am away in the next 12 hours but I will be mostly available. We can pick it up later for sure.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

Ok I've put on a programme but hardly any water is coming out of the spray arms

canuck the pro :

Was that the original problem? Sorry I took it as the unit was not pumping the water out.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

no, the machine is just not working, sorry should have been clearer. I was just trying everything. The machine seems to be draining fine but there doesn't seem to be any water to do a wash

canuck the pro :

The sprayers are removeable. If you remove them and soak in vinegar water for a few hours it will clear the holes. If not then there may be a blockage in the water valve. For that turn the water off to the dishwasher. Access the bottom front panel and you will see where the water connects to the dishwasher. Disconnect there and the part that the water was connected to is the valve. It is anchored there by screws. Remove the screws and the valve will pull out a bit. It is connected by a hose clamp. Loosen it and it disconnects much like the drain did. Have your rags ready. Remove it and inspect for a blockage there.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

I have cleaned the spray arms. The machine I have is old and the water valve is not in the panel at the bottom

canuck the pro :

Where does the water connect on that model? Every dishwasher I have seen has the connection at the front. No?

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

water goes in at the middle of the back

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

I can't seem to access anything from the front like i say its an old one

canuck the pro :

There should be two screws, one on each side on the front at the bottom that holds the bottom panel on.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

no there I have taken 2 panels off the front and nothing

canuck the pro :

If you watch this video, is the water connection in a different place than this one? It also may be in the bottom but in the same area. Both should be accessible from the front behind the bottom panel.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

which video

canuck the pro :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWxuYoGr3Ww

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

no nothing like it i'll remove the water pipe and have a look

canuck the pro :

I see now. So it has a connection like this video. The safety valve is likely where the restriction is then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAG5uKkA8E

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

I don't have a safety valve on the pipe. I can't get into the inner on the machine.

canuck the pro :

What kind of connection is the water. It is in the same area as the drain you disconnected earlier.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

the water connection is in the back middle and the drain is in the back right as you look at the back

canuck the pro :

That is where the valve would be then. There must be a blockage in it or it is failing.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

Can i access it from the inside? or the back. I have take all the easy to remove parts off without getting to anything

canuck the pro :

I am not so sure. I have not ever worked on a dishwasher that you could not access from the front. iwill opt out and open to other experts. So sorry.

JACUSTOMER-r3w5jiza- :

really appreciate your time and patience

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?
It's very faintly etched across the top of the inner door.

Can you explain more on the fault please?
Has it stopped full of water?
If you cancel and then select a new program, does it pump the water out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi e-nr SOS65L28GB/07. Water seems to drain ok but there is no pressure of water coming out of the spray arms. I have disconnected the water and that pipe seems fine

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

When it fills with water, is the water above the filters or below?
When it should be spraying water, do you hear the wash pump motor running?
If not, do you hear a hum instead?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it barely gets enough water to cover the filters. I hear the motor trying to work it sounds like everything is happening apart from enough water. I may be wrong though

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
Ok,
Start a program,once it fills and you hear the was motor, open the door.
Add water from a jug till it's about an inch above the filters.

Close the door and let it wash again.

Does it spray the water properly now?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no Im getting the humming like it is trying to work but can't

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
Ok, thanks for that

This suggests the was motor has seized.
It's fairly common on this type motor.

The cure is a new motor.

You can check it by taking the right side panel off.
Power off, turn the motor with screwdriver.
You can see the fan blades from the side.

Then try the machine.

The motor may start but watch carefully.
I've seen them smoking after this.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there anyway i can clean the filter as water does get in to the machine just not in enough quantity

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
Did you try adding water from a jug as I asked earlier?
My answers are based on you doing this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, and it sounds alot better when water is added but the spray arms still don't work when water is added to the bottom

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
So you have 2 faults.
See if you get the motor working first.

The filling fault is likely restrictions in the tanks on the left side.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the motor seems fine. how to i fix the tank problem

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
Ok if the water is being sprayed around, take the left side panel off.

Are the tanks showing signs of blocking or scale?