Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a five ring gas hob. The central ring has low pressure.

I have a five ring gas hob. The central ring has low pressure. I have cleaned the intake hole in the centre and the distributor passages. Can you help

Thanks Stephen
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. You can adjust the amount of fuel by turning the knob to 0 and remove the knob. You will see a flat head screw that adjusts the flame.

canuck the pro :

Let me know if you have any further questions. I am happy to help and I am online most times.

Customer:

There is no flat head screw under the knob on the neff , just the shaft of the control with a flat edge to it.

canuck the pro :

There may be a cover on it, no screw?

Customer: No screw
canuck the pro :

Ok sorry, but I have no other suggestions at this time. I will opt out and another expert should help soon. Mike

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
Have you been able to take the injector our to clean it, there may be some grit behind the injector port
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is the injector port?
You called it the intake hole - is there a brass injector there or is it an open tube and the injector is on the back of the gas rail near the taps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Under the ring there is an open hole . I have not investigated further as this would require unscrewing the whole unit.
Ok, the injector will be at the gas rail then, you will need an engineer to strip it out and clean it to cure this
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Gas cooker specialist