Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a beko WMB71231B washing machine. It is still under

I have a beko WMB71231B washing machine. It is still under guarantee. The problem seems to be that the self-protection mode keeps activating when I am at a lost to see why.

I have turned the water pressure up and down to no avail. I have changed the water inlet pipe. I have plugged it in to a different socket. What I dont want to do is call out an engineer if it is something to do with the water pressure or mains voltage.

I hope this machine has a kick protection mode.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you explain the problem you have please?
I'm don't know what you mean by "self-protection mode".

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

according to the washing machine manual the machine is fitted with a self protection mode. This kicks in when there is a supply problem (line voltage, water pressure etc. It seems to stop the machine working.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
no answer given
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, I had to work for a while, I'm back now.

What I need to know is what problem you are actually having.
Are you saying the machine is displaying that it's in self protection mode?

Are you on a supply from a generator or something not from the mains supply?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are on normal water mains and electric mains. The machine starts to take on water, then stops before it has taken on enough water to start the washing programme. It then sits doing nothing until the programme has time-lapsed.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, so it fills and then sits there.
If you select spin only, does it lock the door, run the drain pump and, if left, end the program? All without turning the drum?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya
That's a fault in the motor circuit.
Carbon brushes, motor, wiring and/or control can all cause this.

As it's under warranty, you need to call Beko and get it repaired.

It's a definite fault, it's not your mains voltage or anything like that.

Good luck with the repair.

Hope this helps
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I can call the engineer with confidence now. I will rate your answer when the engineer has been.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem.

Good luck with the repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about the delay in getting feedback to you, but the machine has only just been repaired today. As you correctly diagnosed, there was a genuine problem. A new pump and circuit board were replaced today under warranty. This was after an officious woman at Beko warned me that if there was not a genuine problem we would have to pay a substantial callout fee. When the engineer arrived, he activated a self-diagnostic program that we had not been told about. Why couldn't we have been told how to activate this? We would then have known whether it was a genuine fault or not immediately, saving you the bother and us the worry. This program told the engineer what the problem was and what parts would be required, but he had to order them, hence the delay. Your service was exceptionally good considering you hadn't even seen the appliance. You still managed to get it absolutely right, while people at Beko needed to attend the house before being able to diagnose the problem. Excellent work. Thank you very much.