KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an LG WD 1259-1BDH front loader washer. It wont empty.

I have an LG WD 1259-1BDH front loader washer. It wont empty. Have cleaned ll filters etc nothing
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and do you hear a hum from the bottom of the washer ?

Customer:

Hi Kevin - it's about 4 years old

Customer:

When the OE light flashes and it doesn't empty there is a humming noise -sounds like it's coming from the control panel

KevinWhiteJA :

OE is a drain error and is displayed when the washer is unable to drain water....if you have already cleaned the drain pump filter, drain hose and the drain pump assembly then it is the drain pump that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also pull the washer out and then take the drain pump out to clean it

Customer:

Is that easy to get out?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you will have to disassemble the washer

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry I mean remove the cabinet cover

KevinWhiteJA :

then separate the pump hose, the bellows and the circulation hose assembly from the pump assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

to remove the cabinet cover the top cover has to come off

KevinWhiteJA :

then the front cover should be removed

KevinWhiteJA :

are you willing to do this yourself ?

Customer:

Yes. We live in France and if we call out a technician it costs a fortune, so we will give it o go now.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, give me a moment I will tell you how to remove the cabinet cover

KevinWhiteJA :

With the Unit unplugged...
1. Unscrew 7 screws on the Rear Frame.
2. Disassemble the Rear Frame.
3. Pull the Control panel forward.
4. Disconnect connectors.
5. Unscrew 5 screws.
6. Disassemble the controller assembly.

KevinWhiteJA :

after this you will have to remove the top plate

Customer:

OK.....

KevinWhiteJA :

To remove the top plate
1. Open the Lid.
2. Unscrew 4 screws.
3. Disassemble the Lid Assembly.
4. Pull down the Dispenser by pushing hooks.
5. Put a hand into the dispenser hole
and hold the top plate.
6. Push backward using an opener
and lift the top plate.

KevinWhiteJA :

Then after the top plate is removed
1. Unscrew the 2 screws from upper side of the cabinet cover.
2. Unscrew the screw from filter cover.
3. Put a flat (–) screwdriver into the both sides of
the filter cover, and pull it out.
4. Unscrew the 2 screws from the lower side of the cabinet cover.
5. After this you can easily remove the drain pump assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

or if you just want to clean it you can remove the two screws as I said earlier from the lower side of cabinet cover and then pull the filter out and then clean the drain pump & hose assembly as much as you can

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

OK. We cannot get the front panel off because of the rubber door seal.

KevinWhiteJA :

then you will have to take that off as well, there is a screw in there to remove it...or you can try another method that I have advised you

Customer:

Ok done it! Hope we can get it all back together again!! Found quite a few bits of wires form bra's! Have a horrible feeling that its the pump though. Thank you for your help!

KevinWhiteJA :

I think it should be solved now :) You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

Customer:

We have tried to rate you as EXCELLENT but it is not letting us rate you. It says you have not finished answering? We've taken the pump apart and all seems fine. At least we know how to do it for next time!!

KevinWhiteJA :

Ok I will exit it and you can rate it so that I get paid for the assistance :) Thanks

Customer:

Still can't rate you! Sorry for being a pain!

KevinWhiteJA :

oh may be there is a bug

KevinWhiteJA :

I will Save & Exit this and then you can come in here later to rate it

KevinWhiteJA :

Thank You

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
f you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent Service ....Thanks :)