Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

About my SD 255 bread maker: Just loaded the ingredients

About my SD 255 bread maker:

Just loaded the ingredients for a seeded rye loaf, but the buttons are not working and the machine is stuck on 4 hour, basic bake program.

I have tried turning it off at the socket and holding down the Start/Stop button. Neither cancels the program and all I seem able to do is let it run to see what happens.

No fresh loaf for my lunch today, it seems...

Your help will be greatly appreciated (it's resting at the moment, so it's still not too late to start again).
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is the timer on? If you push the timer button does it advance 10 minutes?

Customer: No, the timer button doesn't work either. However, the program seems to be running correctly - it's just the wrong program for the ingredients and I cannot cancel it or change it.
canuck the pro :

Sorry for the delayed response. I had not seen you had replied. The only way to reset it at this point is to unplug it and remove all the ingredients and start over with new ingredients.

canuck the pro :

You can still ask questions even after rating my service positively if something comes up. I will always respond. Mike

Customer: Hi Mike
Customer: i would love to give you positive feedback, but at the moment my problem remains unchanged. I cannot change the program.
canuck the pro :

Thank you for not giving negative feedback. I will opt out and open to other experts. Thank you for the update also. Mike

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, How old is your bread machine?
Also has it worked well in the past?
Thank you so much for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The machine is probably 4-5 years old and has worked perfectly in the past. Since I left it to complete the wrong program yesterday, it's been turned off at the socket. This morning it has reset itself, so it looks like no assistance is required at this stage.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lol,
Im glad you figured that out;-)
please rate kindly and I will close the question for us.
Have a great day PS I love Rye too!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.