KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Siemens oven marked HB760560B /03 and FD 8605 and Type HTHB76 All

Customer Question

Siemens oven marked HB760560B /03 and FD 8605 and Type HTHB76

All programmes work fine except the 'Hot Air Grilling' (alternating fan and grill element), on which the fan never rotates. Fan works OK on other programmes. This has happened recently.

Presumably a component has dailed, but which ?

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and do you hear any different sound from the appliance ?

Customer:

Bought in 2006.

Customer:

Bougfht in 2006. No different sounds, except that when Hot air grilling is selected the fan starts for a momet, then there is a click (as of a relay dropping out) and the fan slows to a stop again.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem is with the grill element that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

a new element will cost around £90

KevinWhiteJA :

are you willing to replace it yourself ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Grill works OK on the 'Radiant Grill' programme, i.e. grilling on its own. Can it still fail and cause the grill/fan programme to fail ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, it heats fine as well when it works on any other programme ?

Customer:

The grill doesn't seem to be used on any other programme (unless it is used during the pyrolytic self-clean procedure, they don't say). I don't know if both parts of the grill element work (the full area and the smaller central area) - I could investigate that.

KevinWhiteJA :

Fan works on other programmes so it seems the fan motor is absolutely fine...all other functions work fine and it does heat normally so I believe the temperature sensor is fine as well...so I believe it is the grill element that will require replacement

Customer:

Thanks. I will pull out the oven and get the meter on the grill elements.

Customer:

Rating is a bit of a puzzle. Your diagnosis is clear and unequivocal, but on the other hand we don't yet know if it is correct. So i will call it a 'good'.

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pulled the oven out. Both parts of he grill element are OK. Called Siemens Service. Engineer spent an hour trying to find problem, thinks the main selector switch has one or more intermittent contacts. Returning week after next with new switch and other parts which have had to be oredered from Germany. Under the circumstances I feel it would be a bit much to expect this fault to be diagnosed remotely.

OK, let me know how it goes...Thanks