Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a baumatic hob which was given to me 2nd hand with no

I have a baumatic hob which was given to me 2nd hand with no fitting instructions .My question is I have a tower unit on the right side which is only about 15mm away I was going to have the knobs on that side so that pans are not up against it on the other side there is a cupboard which is about 430mm above and 100mm to the left.Is this enough clearance? I dont know the model number but it has 5 rings and is about 860mm wide and 510 mm deep, the width of the rings is 700mm in total if this is of any help. Also would it be ok to put a 600mm hood over it ? I need to get this all signed off by building control.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
15mm is s tiny gap and isn't really suitable.

The installation instruction for the 900 hobs state 50mm minimum gap all around it.

You can install a hood over it as long as it's high enough, 760mm is stated in the manual I'm looking at and that's from the worktop surface.

I can't see why you wouldn't be allowed a 600 hood, as long as it's above the 760 mark, it conforms to the installation instructions.

Hope this helps
Let me know if you need more help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what about the cupboard to the left is that far enough away?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, it's more than 50mm away (you stated 100mm in your original post) and it's not directly overhead so no problem with the height.