KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I believe I have some cufflinks stuck in the filter of my Neff

I believe I have some cufflinks stuck in the filter of my Neff washing machine. The thing is that the filter is stuck and I cannot turn it to take it out. Is there a way to unblock this?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

You can pour in warm water on the filter

KevinWhiteJA :

if this won't help then please tell me its complete model number

KevinWhiteJA :

depending on the model number you will have to either pull it out and gain access from the back or from the front

Customer:

I've taken the front off the machine and can see all the motor etc. Not sure how I get at the filter from the back - will I have to take the bottom off to get at it properly?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes, if you can tell me its complete model number...I can tell you how to do it

Customer:

I don't have much detail as machine was in house when we moved. Only serial number I can find is E-Nr. W5320X0GB / 14 FD 8509 700028

Customer:

Does that help at all?

KevinWhiteJA :

E-nr is the model number :)

KevinWhiteJA :

a moment please

Customer:

Great!

KevinWhiteJA :

Please check this Video

KevinWhiteJA :

just follow the instructions there and then remove the pump & both the hoses attached to it...then clean everything

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Got the cufflink and put back together! All looks good but do now have water dripping out of the filter at the front. Only a few drips but as I wasn't able to undo the filter in the first place a little worrying... I can't do it up any tighter. Not sure what I can do about..

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have already cleaned it completely then it might be due to loose or broken filter

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost around £14

Customer:

So I only need a new filter not new pump?

KevinWhiteJA :

the pump runs fine and is draining fine so I believe it is good

KevinWhiteJA :

I dont think a new pump is required

Customer:

That's good news. Ok will see if leaks when run - if not will get new filter. Thanks. Don't think there is anything more I need advice on...

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a Excellent or Good feedback so that I can get paid for the assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years