Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens combi microwave oven HB86P570B, after several

I have a Siemens combi microwave oven HB86P570B, after several trouble free years this morning it blew the cooker fuse trip switch and subsequently after restoring the power it switches off after 2 seconds. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so when you turn the microwave on after a few seconds is the cooker fuse tripping out at the fuse box?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, not tripping the fuse, only did that the first time I used it this morning. Now just stopping after 2 seconds, no error message or warning peeps.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so its only doing this on microwave side the convection oven is working ok is this correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok what you may find here the internal fuse for the microwave side may have blown aswell as theres 2 sections inside these. You have the high voltage side which is for the microwave side and the normal voltage side for the convection oven.

If you are looking at doing it yourself you need to remove the microwave from the unit and remove the top. But with a microwave you need to be very careful as they can store upto 4300 volts which is very dangroues. On these they use an inverter board rather then a capacitor so don't touch that board. Its located towards the back of the microwave. Try a find a fuse in the main power board and see if that's blown.

But if that's ok and its still not working then it can be a number of things wrong on these. It can be the magnetron itself, the inverter board as sometimes if these go it can blow the board which can take out the house fuse like it did.

So it will need to be tested to find which part of the high voltage side is faulty as that's where the fault will be on these.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.