Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Indesit ls12-dea601 s2 dishwasher. Have two lights flashing

Indesit ls12-dea601 s2 dishwasher. Have two lights flashing constantly, the on/off and the Intensive wash. Sometimes the drain pump runs. Cannot turn the machine off, it just comes back on again. Cannot programme the machine into any other state.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you number the program lights with 1 on the left, which number is XXXXX?

Is the drain pump running all the time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The lights that are flashing are the power light green and the first of the programming lights orange. No the drain pump does not run all the time, it seems to be a bit random but may be according to how long I have the door open for. While it has been running I have poured several litres of water in the machine and they all get pumped away.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

Unplug the machine.
Pull it out.
Put towels at the bottom rear.
Tilt the machine rearward till it's almost on it's back (be sure to empty it first).
Water should run out the base.
Drain it fully and try again.

Does it start working?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That will take a long time, the machine is integrated and tightly packed in. Likely that you won't get a reply from me today. Are you thinking it is the anti-flood switch? That is what most Google searches are indicating.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, before you pull it out, unplug it and look to see if there are access panels below the door.
If there are, take them off, use a sponge or similar to remove any water in the base.

Yes, water in the base activates the anti flood device.
Once the water is removed, it resets.
Then, when you use it, if it begins working and fails quickly, you have a leak.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will these access panels be on the floor of the machine? Or in the door itself?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
The will be on the casing of the machine, below the level of the door.
If they exist, they are normally clip on plastic panels
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Under the door there is a long panel that seems to be held in with two philip head scres and in the centre of it is a red hex plastic nut with arrows around it as if it may be indicating open and close. All the main control cables go in through the side of this panel. Should I try and remove this?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
That nut is the adjustment for the rear leg(s).
Don't remove that panel.

Take the machine out and either take the side panels off for access or tilt it to drain it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I'll have to take the machine out. Long job.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, just post when you can.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK this problem has been solved using the method you described to empty the water from the bottom of the machine. Time will tell if there is a leak and if it happens again.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for letting me know how it went.

If it's leaking, you need to empty it again, then, take the side panels off and watch it working to locate the leak.

Hopefully it was simply an overfoam that spilled into the base.

I'd appreciate it if you could rate the help/answer I provided, it's how I'm paid for my time and efforts.

Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK