KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi I have Smeg DF61SDX dishwasher , sounds like the pump is

Hi I have Smeg DF61SDX dishwasher , sounds like the pump is continually running .
Will not allow a restart ,ie open door and restart but pump starts running and will not start new wash
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is this unit ?

Customer:

Over 6 years old ??

KevinWhiteJA :

OK and does it make any unusual sound ?

Customer:

Yes it sounds like the pumpis running

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem seems to be with the float switch, there might be water in the base where the pump is located..This sets the flood guard and the pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base. You will have to check the bottom of the dishwasher below the sump for water and if there is water in there try to soak up the water or tilt the dishwasher back to drain the water away.

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

Hi Kevin

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Did that help ?

Customer:

Hi Kevin, tipped it back and got a lot of water run out on the floor

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes so it seems it requires cleaning

Customer:

Put it back in and after a couple of trys pup has gone of and it will now run.So trying a wash cycle to see what happens

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, I believe it will work now however..when you get some time try to clean everything from there and check if there is any leak in there

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks