Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

My integrated fridge freezer is beeping continuously. Ive

My integrated fridge freezer is beeping continuously. I've checked the baskets in the freezer. I found that two of the wire trays underneath the baskets were dislodged, but I have corrected that and the beeping goes on. What can I do?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?
It should be on a label inside the fridge.

Is the temperature inside the cabinet ok?
Is there a build up of ice inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

K9724X7GB/02

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
I also asked some questions, can you advise please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The temperature seems to be OK. No ice in freezer as it's an ice free one, but a little ice in the fridge!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Your appliance may be frost free but it doesn't mean ice can't form.
Ice build up can occur if the door isn't closed properly or if there's a fault on the defrost circuit.

The alarm is to tell you the temperature inside the freezer is too high and the food is at risk of defrosting.

Empty the freezer.
Unplug it.
Take the rear panel inside the freezer out.

Is the evaporator (the mass of pipework) blocked with ice?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it isn't. Sorry to be so long but this isn't my house so I had to find tools! Am caring for a very sick friend.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, if it's not blocked with ice, is it evenly coated in frost?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No frost at all.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.

Refit the covers and plug the machine in again.
Do you hear the compressor at the bottom rear start up?
(you'll need to listen for it as you can't access it while the machine is still in place).

If you don't hear it within 10 minutes of plugging in, put super freeze on and listen, you should hear it run.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I can hear it running but as soon as I switched on the beeper started again. Have switched on super freeze.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
The alarm will continue until the temperature inside the freezer is cold enough.

Pack your food back into the freezer.
See if it cools down and the alarm stops.

Be prepared though, if it's not cooling, the food will defrost.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, thanks. How long should it take to cool down enough for the beeping to stop?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
It depends on the temperature inside.
It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.

If you press the alarm button it should silence the alarm.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There isn't an alarm button on this one!!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Surprising as the user manual I looked at did mention it.

It shows the 2nd button from the right has a loudspeaker with a line through it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it! Thanks so much!

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You're welcome.

Hopefully the machine will cool down.
If it doesn't, I'm afraid it's pointing to a system fault.
Weak compressor or a system leak so there's no refrigerant.

Good luck with it.

Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK