KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

MAYTAG MWA09149WH SHOWS ERROR CODE F26.CAN YOU HELP?

Customer Question

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-uv4aag4a- :

hi

JACUSTOMER-uv4aag4a- :

the machine is 3 years old

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

thanks for the information...can you please elaborate the problem...I mean if you start the machine does it display the error code immediately or does it start with the cycle...what about the door interlock ? Does the washer start filling as well or it wont start

JACUSTOMER-uv4aag4a- :

the error code initially appeared after the wash cycle so i changed the drain pump, but now the code appears immediately. i have put a new door interlock but that didnt help.

KevinWhiteJA :

Error F26 means OVERFLOW CONDITION. If the overflow contact on the pressure switch is closed for more than 60 seconds, an Overflow Condition occurs. In an overflow condition, the door remains locked and the drain pump runs constantly, even if PAUSE/CANCEL is pressed twice and the display is cleared. If the drain hose is also clean and as you have replaced the drain pump assembly then please Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch, water inlet value, and Central Control Unit

KevinWhiteJA :

If everything looks fine then you will have to replace the control

KevinWhiteJA :

Please let me know how it goes...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-uv4aag4a- :

ok i will try this, does the overflow condition have anything to do with the antiflood switch which is at the base of the mschine?

KevinWhiteJA :

you can try to tap and clean it but usually the problem is with the pressure switch/hose

JACUSTOMER-uv4aag4a- :

i will let u know how i get on

KevinWhiteJA :

Sure thanks