Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch Classic XX 1200 washing machine. It is making

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Classic XX 1200 washing machine. It is making the most horrendous noises at low speed. It is caused by the drum rubbing against rubber door seal. But I cannot see whyor how the is so close to the rubber seal.
Ken in desparation.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hi Ken, how frustrating !!

Did it make this noise before you changed the door seal? If not, may I ask why ydid you change it?
Do you have the full model number of the machine and where did you buy the seal and the part number of it please?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it did make the noise before I changed the seal that is why I changed the seal. It is a genuine spare part. full model no. Bocsh classic XX 1200.

If I put my hand in the machine between the seal and cylinder I can feel tiny specks of rubber coming of the seal. And turning the drum by hand it makes a terrible noise. I have taken the top of and if I push the whole unit, that is the concrete encased outer case, if I push it to the back of the machine and then turn the cylinder it runs freely, no noise, the moment I release the outer casing with the concrete on it, it starts to make the noise again. The four springs look ok, and it does not look as if it is out of alignment.

Ken

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ken

The model number should be on the data plate in the door recess, thanks.

Did the seal come from Bosch themselves? If so do you have the part number?

I just want to check that they have supplied the correct part

Also, have you only tried this by hand, and not with water in the machine?

Rob