KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a whirlpool ADP 7955 steam dishwasher and a couple of

I have a whirlpool ADP 7955 steam dishwasher and a couple of days ago it stopped heating the water. There are no error codes and everything else functions OK but obviously not great washing in cold water! Any ideas?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

It's about 20 months old

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the problem is with the heater assembly that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

everything else works fine so you will have to pull the unit out and then check the heater assembly

Customer:

What would be the likely cost? It only has a one year warranty, although this is the 2nd one of the same model we have had, after about 2 months the door catch went on the first and was replaced under warranty but this on is just outside. The tablet often gets stuck and doesn't eject from the pod so I am not all that impressed with Whirlpool.

Customer:

Is this something I can do myself? Where is the heater assembly?

KevinWhiteJA :

You can still contact them and check as some parts like there are usually covered under 2-3 years of warranty

KevinWhiteJA :

a new heater assembly will cost around £45

Customer:

Presumably I will need to contact them & they will send an engineer to investigate first?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is right

KevinWhiteJA :

They should do this under warranty as it is just 20 months old but you will have to check with them

KevinWhiteJA :

if you will have to do it yourself then you have to pull out the unit and then take off the side and top panel off to locate the heater assembly and replace it

Customer:

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

That's it thanks