Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have connected a Creda Panel Heater(Contour 100) via a supply

Customer Question

I have connected a Creda Panel Heater(Contour 100) via a supply from a switched fused spur, connected the flex into the load side of the spur from the heater. The moment the spur is switched on the heater starts up even though the on/off button on the heater is off.
This is now the second time this has happend as the first time we put it down to a faulty
heater but with the replacement heater the same thing is happening. I have checked the incoming supply which comes in at 240v and the polarity is fine, so cannot understand what else it could be other than another faulty heater??

Would appreciate your thoughts on the problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Hi did it work for a while when you replaced the heater?

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael,

on both occassions the heater could only be switched on and off via the spur.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks Andy,
yes I believe this is another failed heater.
But it may be caused by a power spike. I would suspect either the power supply or the main control board.
More than likely this is a power supply issue causing this.
The way they handle this is they simply send you a replacement board. Almost no one will troubleshoot this down to the component lever due to the time involved.
I can help you replace the part, and let you know the best place to get that, its pretty easy to do as well but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Andy;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply but when you refer to main control board and replacement board, do you mean the fuseboard? or parts on the heater?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andy its the main power supply not the fuseboard.
If that helps.
thanks
tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael, so do you think there's a possible problem with the circuit feeding the spur? whats the next step Michael?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andy,
I think the reason the heater keeps ailing is the power supply, but i would try a new heater first because you need that anyway, but also you may need a surge protector added to the power source, I would try that first, it may solve the problem;-)
Please let me know what you find when you do that, I will still be here for you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Michael but please note I'm not at the property at the moment, so when I next go there I will check this but how would I be able to contact you again?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andy, all you need to do is reply to this message and I will get back to you, its Easter so I wont be on much today but will be here all next week. Have a great day! Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you too and thanks for your help

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
;-)