Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

i have a toshiba tv/dvd combi / 24D143*DB. the power light

i have a toshiba tv/dvd combi / 24D143*DB. the power light is flashing red/green and i cannot get the tv to turn on or the flashing to stop. i have tried disconnecting the plug from the mains and then plugging back in, i have tried pressing the main on/off switch at the back and nothing seems to work to allow me to turn the unit on.

i cant find any guidance in the quick start guide and i couldnt find a manual on the web either.

i have had the tv approx 2 months.

please help!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, can you tell me if the light flashes in a pattern, or if its always a steady blink?
Also how old is the set?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi michael, sorry to disurb your easter sunday. its a constant steady blink of red/green red/green etc etc. i bought it brand new about 2 months ago. it is in my bedroom, connected to the main aerial which is run from the main set in the front room

thanks

sam

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sam, its ok,
Ok try this before we go further, please unplug the TV and then wait 5 minutes, then replug it but do this while holding down the power button on the set(not the remote.
Please let me know if this works or not.
Thanks so much and Happy Easter!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

No luck I'm afraid :( it's still flashing and not doing anything else. I think its kaput!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sorry Sam,
The best way to handle this is to either exchange the set due to a faulty electronic part, or call the manufacturer, they would send out a tech to fix this, but since the set is so new, I would really just exchange it.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do.
Have a great Easter, and please let me know if I can be of further help. I will stick with you until this is taken care of but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Samantha;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael - you have been really helpful, and I was kind of expecting this answer! I will rate you well, and will keep in touch to let you know the outcome.

Enjoy the rest of your Easter :)

sam