Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint Ultima WMD 740 which has got a message Door

I have a Hotpoint Ultima WMD 740 which has got a message 'Door Open' on the dialogue box but I am unable to open the door nor am I able to get the machine to continue with a wash programme as it just defaults to the 'door open' message . Can you help ?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
This machine has an electric lock and sensor, that part has failed and needs to be replaced, if you have a few basic tools I can help you do that as well as let you know the best place to order that part if you need, its pretty easy to do.
Please let me know;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael ,

I am not sure if it has failed or if the machine has been 'confused' by my wife trying to open the door before the programme had completely finished . I wondered if there was a way to get the machine back to the beginning . I am not very happy about taking it to pieces as if new parts are needed I am going to have to wait and also it may affect my extended warranty which I have with Hotpoint . I guess I am just hoping that I may be able to get a quick fix so that we can continue using the machine! Good wishes

Norman

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Norman, no there really isn't any way to fix this without replacing the part also the fact that it was interrupted in the middle of a cycle wouldn't do that either.
But...since you have an extended warranty they will fix this for you likely free of charge, I wish there were a quick fix I really do.
I wish you the best and will stick with you until this is resolved;-)
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Norman and have a great day!
Tech Michael