Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Phillips azure 4890 iron less than a year old. The

Customer Question

We have a Phillips azure 4890 iron less than a year old. The iron heats up and whilst ironing turns itself off into standby mode. Help please.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
This is a safety feature but it means there is an internal electrical issue, usually an internal leak.
But you are in good shape, you can return the iron for an exchange, or even contact Phillips for this problem, they can fix it for you or exchange it;-) This is still under full warranty.
I will stick with you until you have this resolved since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Tech Michael