Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Reverse door on Fridge Freezer A72700GNX0

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the product number (PNC) of the appliance please?
It should be on a label in the fridge.
It begins with 9 so you need to prefix the number with A to prevent it being crossed out.

eg. A914419941 00

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The PNC is: A925052793-01, the model number is XXXXX

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I don't have the service information for this product number at home.

I'll have a look in the office tomorrow when I get into work to see what I have there.

I'll opt out in the meantime, in case someone else has the information.

Sorry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK.

I'm in the middle of getting this done today as I don't have time tomorrow. How do I contact another technician today?

Kiko

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

What you need to do is remove the front control panel in the door.

From memory on these theres 2 small tabs at the bottom and the top is hinged on.

So try and get you fingers or nails under the frame at the bottom and lift up and it should swing out from the bottom and unhook from the top.

This are a bit fidderley to do but it will come off.

Im pretty sure its the bottom which has the tabs but if struggling just try it from the top instead.

Once this is off you need to disconnect the wiring on then board but make a note of which connection on the board it went on as it can fit on both.

Then with that disconnected you can then pull the wiring up through the door from the top hinge and out.

Once you have it out you need to reroute it round the top of the panel so it comes out at the other side were you will swap the hinge to.

Then you can push it down the door again and refit the hinge and door back on.

Then refit the control board and should do it.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Give me some time to give it a go and I will come back to you if in trouble! Thanks.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

No worries fingers crossed you will sort it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've removed the panel. Hinged at the top and clips at the bottom.

I can now see how it is done, but I have one question: does the cable go through some kind of channel? I can't see an easy way to channel it back from the top when I reposition the door...

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Yes the wire runs down a channel in the door. So its just a case of pull the wire up then you can push it down the other side.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.