Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my wme 7267 washing machine, fills with water, but will not

Customer Question

my wme 7267 washing machine, fills with water, but will not go any further, it will empty is i cancel the programe. i have checked the filters, any furter advice
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the washer is filling up and draining out ok then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you need to do is lean the washer backwards against a wall and get some one to hold for you.

Then lay down and look under the washer from the bottom.

There you will see the back of the motor. Either side there you will see the carbon brushes in the plastic holder.

Remove these and inspect them and see if they have worn down to only a few mm

If they have then they will need to be replaced and fingers crossed this will cure the fault and get it up and running again for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you, the parts arrived today and been fitted and machine working fine.