Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi i have a waeco iu 2512 perfect charge i recently changed

Customer Question

Hi i have a waeco iu 2512 perfect charge i recently changed one of the batteries and touched the plus lead on to the negative terminal noe the control light is staying red have i blown can be rectified
regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Paul, try disconnecting all power to the unit, then wait 20 full minutes, please let me know if this helps?
If so please rate kindly, but if not, please dont rate yet but simply reply to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi do you mean disconnect from the mains and the batteries as well

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul yes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok micheal i cannot get to my boat untill tomorrow evening i will try then and get back to you when i get home many thanks paul

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thats fine Paul, we will find some way to get it fixed but
since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Paul, have a great evening!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI Michael went to the boat last night and disconnected all leads left for half an hour but light is still red what is my next move

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul sorry to hear that.
This means something internal was damaged when the short circuit occurred.
You will unfortunately have to have that serviced, because specialized test equipment and knowledge are needed to determine exactly what part has failed.
it may be as simple as a single component, but they may elect to replace the entire circuit board in this case.
I will be here if you need any further advice;-)
Have a great day Paul, I wish I had better news for you I really do, but even me as a tech has this happen to me lol.