KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

As of last night my Beko dishwasher (DWD 5411 W) is faulty.

As of last night my Beko dishwasher (DWD 5411 W) is faulty. When I program a wash cycle and turn it on I can hear the water filling inside but then it stops and nothing happens, it then does it again about 10 mins later but does not enter a wash cycle. I opened the door once and found a pool of water at the bottom so water is getting in, and again later to find the water is gone.

Any suggestions welcomed
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the Dishwasher?

KevinWhiteJA :

You will have to pull the unit and then remove the bottom panel to clean it completely

KevinWhiteJA :

after this is done lay the unit by around 45 degrees so that if there is any water it drains off completely

Customer:

Hi Kevin

Can't remember exactly but we think it is three years old.

Ok - This will take a few mins - Will you still be around?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes sure...Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Hi Kev - can you clarify what you mean by bottom panel - I have pulled it out and can see screws to the side panels which overlap a silver panel at the back (bottom) which has the cold water pipe, water outlet pipe and electrics going into it

KevinWhiteJA :

by water outlet if you mean the drain pipe then please try to to clean it

KevinWhiteJA :

I was talking about the plastic cover located on the front bottom of the dishwasher...after you have taken this out, you will see the drain pump which you will have to take off ...after you take it off just clean it and make sure nothing is stuck in there..try to move the impeller as well...let me know how it goes

Customer:

Ok thanks - with you saying pull washer out I thought you meant the back :)

Hi - I have removed the drain pump as suggested there is nothing stuck in it, it all looks very clean. The impeller moves freely too.

KevinWhiteJA :

lay the unit by around 45 degrees so that if there is any water it drains off completely

Customer:

Done, and removed hose, blew through it to ensure it is clear too.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, can you try to run it again and check if the problem is still there

Customer:

Ok will do - shall I put bottom panel back together first or just try it out?

KevinWhiteJA :

yes please

Customer:

ok thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also try like this if you want

Customer:

Hi again - no success - I can hear the cold water going in but then it all goes silent, nothing happens

Customer:

Just as before

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, if you open it the water is still cold ?

Customer:

yes

KevinWhiteJA :

the problem is with the heating element that will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

this will cost you around £55

KevinWhiteJA :

+ cost of repair

KevinWhiteJA :

as it starts and then stops immediately so it seems the control is fine

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

ok cheers XXXXX XXXXX for your help.