Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an AEG electrolux lavamat turbo and the door wont open.

Customer Question

I have an AEG electrolux lavamat turbo and the door won't open. I've tried turning the machine on and off but still the door won't open (the machine is empty and not in use). Can I arrange for a technician to come out and inspect/fix?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello sorry to hear that.
May Have your town and state?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Based in South London. Any advice you can give as to how the fix the problem without a call out would be most appreciated thanks.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wendy, lets try this first, please turn power off at the mains, for 10 full minutes. then back on. see if you can get the door to open once the machine is on and reset. Please let me know.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wendy did that work?
Please let me know also since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Michael, I'll check this when I get home tonight. Appreciate your help so far!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael, I tried turning the power off a few times, still the door would not open. Thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wendy thanks for trying that.
This means the unit will need a new door interlock. They do fail from time to time.
Did you want a source for the part?
Also did you want to replace this part yourself?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please, if you could give me a source for the part it would be great.

I'll see if I can replace myself, but if you do have any details of persons in London who I could call out if it looks too challenging that would also be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wendy,
We will help you try this before we look for a tech lol;-)
Please try Espares: 0844 9777 888
Let me know if they have the part you need, the door interlock:-)
Thanks Wendy.
Tech Michael