Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The automatic ignition on my Neff Hob continues to fire after

Customer Question

The automatic ignition on my Neff Hob continues to fire after all rings have been turned off.
The noise is impossible to live with. Also the appliance seems to give electric shocks when turned on. I have had to isolate all kitchen sockets in order to turn the appliance off. I need urgent help. Can you advise?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
May I have the full model #?
Also how old the HOB is?
Please use caution!!!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael

E-Nr T2346N0 / 02

FD 8402 / 0679

hope these are the numbers.

it was here when I bought the house, 5 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Steph,
thats what I needed!
The trouble is a bad ignition switch.
it could be any one of them.
Whats happening is that one has a short(also the reason for the shock).
There is a way to figure out which one it is but you will need a few tools to do this and be a little handy. I can help you do this, and I sympathize with you and the noise lol!
If you would like to fix this yourself I will help or of you need a good service tech near you please let me know?
I will stick with you either way but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Steph ;-)

Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Steph,
thats what I needed!
The trouble is a bad ignition switch.
it could be any one of them.

Thank you Steph ;-)

Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Michael. I think I know which ignition switch is the culprit which should be helpful. Hope I will be able to do it? what tools will I need?

Steph

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steph,
you will need just a few basic hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, needle nose pliers, and some small wrenches. Its pretty easy to replace:-)
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm stuck for time now until Monday morning as I'm going away for the weekend soon. Can I come back to you for help Monday morning at about 9.30.

Steph

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steph yes I will be here;-)
Have a great weekend!
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Michael x

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
You too Steph!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

morning Michael

Ready when you are to have a go at fixing my hob. If I can't manage it I'll need a Technician to come and fix it so would be grateful for a recommendation if possible.

Steph

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steph, I'm here for now.
Did you say you think you may know which one is the problem?
Either way, please do this but very carefully !!!
Turn off the power to the HOB....then disconnect the wiring to one switch. next turn the power back on, if it still clicks, then turn power off and reconnect, then power off and repeat this til when you finally turn the power on and there is no clicking, then you will know which one you need to replace.
Please let me know how it goes?
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've solved this. Had the electric isolated. Now using handy gas lighter