Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

LG f1248 qdp1, door interlock dosnt engage changed doorinterlock

Customer Question

LG f1248 qdp1, door interlock dosnt engage changed doorinterlock still the sme problem any thoughts
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Dos it try to lock, and clicking or any sign that it is trying?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tries to lock, then open and close a couple of times, then the errorDE

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank Andrew,
I would check very carefully that the door latch is aligned correctly, make sure door isn't hanging down too far.
Make sure the catch isn't worn, also try this, close the door, lift up slightly and press on the door hard while trying to lock it. Please let me know if this makes any different?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did all that, even took the d/i out of its housing and slid the slider in the d/i and still the same responce

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Andrew,
do you have a meter?
this is either one of a few things.
First let me know, is this the same problem you were having and the reason you changed the interlock?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Ok the proble obviously is not the interlock. It is one f two things here. Either a bad sensor wire, running from the interlock or the main control board that has no connection for some reason maybe a loose or dirty connection at the board or the board has failed.
You will first need to remove the connector for the interlock at the board cad clean it with something like TV tuner spray, or even WD-40. Then try it again. That may fix this.
if not you can check the wires for continuity all the way from the interlock to the top where they plug into the board.
If that is all good, then unfortunately the main board will need to be replaced. I will stick with you in case you need me further but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andrew,
the problem obviously is not the interlock. It is one of two things here. Either a bad sensor wire, running from the interlock or the main control board that has no connection for some reason maybe a loose or dirty connection at the board or the board has failed.

Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will do what you said, preaty sure its going to be the mother board, ive alreadt done all the things you have said, but i will double ckeck, and i will get back to you. as always many thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome Andrew.
Keep me posted.
thank you
Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Im here if you need me ;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome ;-)