Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch 41 ACCU hedge trimmer. Was cutting hedge when

I have a Bosch 41 ACCU hedge trimmer. Was cutting hedge when trimmer just stopped, it had not slowed up indicating it needed re-charging. Checked the cutting shears and they do not appear to be snagged or caught with any foliage / branches to stop the shears from moving. Have re-charged anyway for 30 minutes but the trimmer seems to be dead. Advice appreciated.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How wold is your trimmer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's either 2 or 3 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Gareth,
this is likely a battery failure as is pretty common with the Bosch models. If you have a spare you could try that to be sure, or you can purchase a cheap rest light to confirm this before you order a replacement battery. You can get one from any auto parts store, there only a few dollars what you need is a simple 12 Volt auto rest light, I will explain how to use it to be sure this is the problem, it almost always is all that is wrong ;-)
I will also help you with the best place to get the replacement but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Gareth
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi MIchael

Thank you for the answer, it is very much as expected. I'm not inclined to pay any more at this stage, I guess you are not in England where I live so am not sure how much info you have on where to buy replacement parts but if you do have any that would be great. My post code (same as ZIP) is TW11 8DT.

If it is not the battery could you advise what else it could be, if anything. Thanks again. Gareth

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Gareth,
I have seen so many of these that I would bet it is the battery, but it could be the switch, although I doubt it highly.
The battery is about $36.00 US, but it is available near you as well, at a comparable cost.
If this were me? I would likely just buy a new trimmer, because of the cost then what about the weeds in the mean time while you wait for the battery lol ;-)
Not to make fun but its true.
Please let me know if I can help any further I will be here for you.
Please remember to rate kindly before closing this page, it costs nothing more to do that and allows me to schedule free follow ups with you in the future ;-)
Have a great day Gareth!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael Not sure what you mean by weeds as the appliance is for strimming hedges not trimming grass. I note that you suggest I consider buying a new appliance. I think I'll just talk to local dealers about relative costs of battery and replacement.

No reflection on you but I won't use Just Answer again when I'm charged £22 for this advice.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi lol, I meant the hedges, sorry about that.
I would ask them about a new battery, they may have one in stock ;-)
please dont forget to rate my service kindly, it wont cost you anything to do that.
But its the only way Just Answer credits me for my time.
Have a great day Gareth and best of luck which ever way you go with this, wish I could be of more help.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.