Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How do I replace the fan on a XXXXX XXXXX

Sorry I've solved the problem
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi thats great!
Glad you got it!
Have a great day and if you ever need us again in the future please don't hesitate. Also if you rate kindly, I will set up free follow ups for you:-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael
Thought I had solved it but know can't separate freezer unit from casing, have partially done this but now am stuck, seems to be a seal at the rear of casing which I can't separate, so could we get back to the original question? Cheers Rob
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob, Please send me the make , Model# XXXXX the exact issue you are having, I can help you with that;-)
thank you
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Make is XXXXX XXXXX
Model JLFZW1806
Serial No 64907109
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have got the freezer on its back . Have taken screws out of the casing but the casing seems to steeled to the freezer coils and I can't remove the plastic cover in order to get to the fan motor
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob, make sure all the screws are out, then you will need to gently pry the back away, they may have uses some sealant to hold it in place but thats about all there is to it ;-)
Also when you do get the fan replaced and the freezer is upright DO NOT run it at all FOR 24 HOURS!!!!
The oil needs to get back into the compressor on it own and it can take that long or you run the risk of the unit not working at all.
I will stick with you on this and will check to see if I can find out anything on the glue they may have used but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Rob.
Tech Michael