Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have just purchased a Bosch Sensixx DS37 Steam Generating

We have just purchased a Bosch Sensixx DS37 Steam Generating Iron. The water tank has two " nodules" in the bottom. One has a plastic tube in it and one has a black cap over it. Do we have to do anything to the water tank before water can make it's way into the generator ? DOes the plastic tube need to be removed ? We can't see how water can get from the water tank into the generator as it is at present.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
The way that works is it creates steam and that gets sent into the tank. Have you tried it yet?
Hopefully it wasn't missing any parts?
You shouldn't need to do anything specific other than to fill it to make it work ;-) Its possible the one you have is defective.
I will stick with you until you have this working as it should but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That may be our problem. Does the steam get created in the water tank and then get taken through the plastic tube and into the generator ? That would make sense thinking about it because the top of the plastic tube sits proud of the maximum fill level of the water tank. This is our first generator iron and we were assuming the water would go from the tank into the generator and the steam would be created in the generator rather than in the water tank itself.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi John, yes thats exactly how it works ;-)
You got it!
i will be here when you have further questions, but please rate kindly before you close this window, it will allow me to set up free follow ups for you so we dont lose each other, it wont cost you anything more to rate.
Thank you John.
Tech Michael