Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

BEKO DW450 dishwasher keeps producing steam long after the

BEKO DW450 dishwasher keeps producing steam long after the full clean cycle has completed.

The beko beeper will beep to indicate that the cleaning cycle has completed but if the dishwasher is not manually switched off it will continue producing heat for many hours e.g. overnight.

Does a part need replacing? If so what and how?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sorry to hear that.

Can you tell me what the main control is doing all this time?
is it off, or does it still appear to be in a cycle?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The main control appears to be working fine. The 'play' symbol is on during the wash cycle i.e. before the door is closed having selected a program. When the door is opened after the cleaning has completed (either immediately after completing or hours later) the 'play' symbol is no longer highlighted which is what I would expect.

The only light that remains on is the main program light which again is what I expect prior to asking that program to run again. When the door is opened the steam will rush out and can be stopped by pressing the power switch to off.

I would need to test it to make sure it but I recall in the past on at least one occasion without a program running and with the unit fully cooled down, if I simply switch the power on the unit sounds like it is trying to start steaming even though the 'play' symbol is off.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi thank you,
There is a thermostat below the heating element that has failed.
It never senses the heat, so it will run forever if left to its own devices.
its not very expensive and easy to replace. I will help you when you have the part.
The best place to get that part and its called the heater/dryer thermostat is listed below.
You will only need a few basic hand tools to replace that part ;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
please contact Espares:0844 9777 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.