Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Philips steam generator iron and the steam has stopped

I have a Philips steam generator iron and the steam has stopped working and water is coming out of the calc clean button. I have taken out the knob and emptied the water twice but still no luck. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is your steam iron?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model is GC8340 and it was bought July 2013.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for that information.
there is a broken seal internally.
Its a defective part. but you should be able to easily exchange that of another at no cast to you as that iron is still fully covered:-)
I will stick with you until you have the new on or if you need further information but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX