Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I HAVE A MIELE T4809C CONDENSOR TUMBLE DRYER, THE EMPTY CONTAINER

Customer Question

I HAVE A MIELE T4809C CONDENSOR TUMBLE DRYER, THE EMPTY CONTAINER ALARM KEEPS COMING ON, NOT A LOT OF WATER IN THE CONTAINER AND THE CLOTHES ARE VERY VERY HOT AND NOT DRYING
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your dryer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael the dryer is about 7 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sue,
This is a clog in the system somewhere. It could be just the water line, but in this case it really sounds like the dryer needs a professional cleaning. I would help you do this if you want, but I need to let you know it requires special tools and is a big job for a non appliance tech lol.
A local appliance repairman can easily do this for you in a short period of time saving you money and aggravation.
I wish there were a simple do it yourself solution to this I really do.
But I will stick with you until this is fixed and to answer any questions you may have, even maybe who to call?
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you and have a great day Sue!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael, can I clean this myself or is it going to be cheaper to buy another cheap condenser dryer if I have to get a technician out to repair it
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sue, I would definitely not buy new in this case, but it will require a tech to do this for you. But it is worth fixing.
Please ask me if you need more information ;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know how much this will cost and do I need to get a Miele engineer or will a general technician be ok
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sue, I'm not sure how much but it shouldn't be more that $100.00 US.
As for the technician? You need any basic appliance repair tech for this, I wouldn't call a Miele tech, that would be expensive ;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael you are a star thank you for your advice, I will arrange for someone to come and clean the system. Many thanks. Sue
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Have a great weekend Sue!
Always happy to help:-)
Tech Michael