Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have not been able to set Our Bosch double oven clock for

We have not been able to set Our Bosch double oven clock for some time. Due to a power cut our clock is now flashing and the bottom oven is cut off. I assume the oven is on timer but we can't cancel it.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your oven?
Please explain is one of the ovens not responding?
Not working since the power cut?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The oven is about 10 years old.
The other oven(top) is working.

I am assuming there was a power cut because the clock display was working before although not showing the correct time because we could not adjust it. The display is now flashing O.OO

The oven not working is the fan oven (bottom)
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks Eddie,
This unfortunately is a failed clock(control).
That is very typical of this symptom on this model. With its age, and the power cut this happens quite often.
What happens is the some of the internal components don't come back up as they have cooled for the first time in a very long time due to no power running through them
The only way to fix this is to replace the clock. Its pretty easy and I can help you locate a new par and make the swap if you would like?
Also it only requires a few basic hand tools.
I will stick with you no matter what you choose, but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, Iam happy try and fit a new clock if it is straight forward. Can you give a rough estimate of the clocks cost also based on the the oven model data I gave will this define the correct part?

Whilst I am doing this the ovens temperature control knob has quite a bit of play in it should I replace it or is there some way of removing the play.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eddie, yes that will correct this problem.
The cost will be anywhere from $150.00- $200.00 US.
But because yours is older it may be much less expensive ;-)
The best place to order that from is Espares, the information is listed below.
Please dont forget to rate so I can lock us in at no additional cost to be here for you when you have the part and help with the replacement.
Have a great weekend Eddie!
Tech Michael
0844 9777 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael I have ordered the part. How will I contact you if I have any problems with fitting it.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Eddie, if you rate my service now, I will be prompted to lock this for us. Then at no additional cost to you, all you do is reply to any one of our back and forth messages to reach me;-)
Make sense?
Have a great day!
Tech Michael