Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch condensing Dryer model number WLT6102GB The

Customer Question

I have a Bosch condensing Dryer model number WLT6102GB
The Drying light on the front constantly flashes, I have cleaned the filters, emptied the tank, I have even removed the back panel and checked that the temperature sensor has not tripped.
Any ideas?
Steve
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steve,
how does the machine work, other than the flashing light?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael, The machine does not work, just the drying light flashing.

If i set the prog dial to off, then hold the low heat and start buttons down, then turn the dial to extra dry, the iron dry light starts flashing. If i then release the heat and start buttons, turn the dial to iron dry, then press the start button, the dryer seems to run. But this only appears to be some sort of test mode.

if I turn the dial back to off, then try running the machine normally, the drying light just flashes.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
thanks Steve,
in that mode, does the drum turn? Any heat being generated?
Sorry for all the questions but we need to know this to be sure what is wrong.
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael, In the iron dry test mode the drum appears to run for about 5 cycles in each direction, but there does not seem to be any heat.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Steve.
Before i tell you what the two reasons that will cause this are lets make sure of one thing. Please turn the machine off at the mains, or unplug it for 1 full hour.
Then please let me know what you see as soon as you power it on?
Thank you again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael, I have spent the morning cleaning the machine of all dust and debris. To do this I had the machine unplugged for well over an hour. As soon as i powered it back on the same fault was still displayed. The drying light flashing as soon as i turn the prog dial to any setting.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Steve,
the problem is a failed main control board unfortunately.
It is locked in that loop because of a failed part on the board. I wish they sold just that IC for that but they don't:-(
It seems you have the skills and tools to make this repair if you choose. The part though is pretty expensive depending on what region you are in.
So its up to you if you want to make this repair.
I will be here to help and can supply you the best place to get that main board just let me know?
I will stick with you until this fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael, OK, this fault has been intermittent for a few days but normally resets when we turn the prog dial to off, then back on again. If it is the control board, is the board repairable or is it a case of getting a new board.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steve,
in most cases no it is not repairable unless you had expensive information and an Eprom programmer etc.
Also they don't sell the parts :-( I wish they did as well.
But when you call, they may take the old board in as a core, which would save you some money, they take only certain ones though.
Please keep me posted and I will be here when ever you need me for any additional questions.
Also I will add, the reason for the intetermitancy is likely a bad relay on the board as the real fault ;-)