Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

I have a Samsung cash register ER-209 and am having trouble

I have a Samsung cash register ER-209 and am having trouble with the double till roll. The upper layer is bunching up within the machine and the under layer is not rolling tightly onto the spindle. We are inserting the till rolls as we have always done. I think it may be the feeders. Can they be replaced and if so is it a job we can do ourselves or do we need a technician? Maybe we need a new till!

Your advice please. Thank you. Jennifer
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jennifer,

And thank you for using Just Answer. Per your cash register question, here's the deal. This is one of Samsung low end ones. (meaning cheap) What it will take you to fix this problem you are better off just replacing it. The cost is just over half of what you bought it for. I'm sure this isn't the answer you want but I think you would be upset if you found out the hard way.

On top of that, your problem is the roller assembly. Since the entire thing is made out of plastic, it's just worn. The entire unit needs to be replace, and you could do it yourself, but there are a lot of tiny springs and if you loose one it won't work. My advice is just replace it, for the cost it will save you a lot of troubles. I wish you the best.

Gary