Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch sensixx comfort steam iron which I have had for several

My Bosch sensixx comfort steam iron which I have had for several years, suddenly stopped operating. I ironed a thin cardigan without problem but the next item was covered in water stains with brown muck from inside the iron and the plate did not heat up (only warmish) properly. Water was dripping onto the ironing board.
Are there 1 or 2 pilot lights on the handle? only 1 is working and I wonder whether there is a connection problem.
Where can I get the iron repaired as I have a pile of ironing the size of a house...
L B
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
I have taken a close look at your question and to be honest, you could send this out for repair, but it would cost almost as much between shipping, parts, and labor to simply buy a new iron.
I would really consider that option first.
If you don't mind spending a lot on the repair I will direct you to a facility that will fix this iron for you.
Please let me know, but I am trying to guide you in the best direction possible, and the new irons are now less expensive and work even better ;-)
I will stick with you until you are sure what you would like to do but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I'll pop off to Currys' tomorrow and get a new one as I am desperate to do my ironing.

Thank you for your advice.

LIliane

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Youre very welcome:-)
Have a great weekend! Please rate kindly before closing this page.
Tech Michael