Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Miele washing machine and the detergent dispenser

Customer Question

I have a Miele washing machine and the detergent dispenser will not open when it washes. It seems to work OK otherwise
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the full model #?
Also how old is your washer?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Dishwasher is - quite old - perhaps 7 years? May be more?? The model before they had a top flat cuttlery tray!

Premier Typ-G660

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I am not sure if you got my reply

It is about 7 years old (may be older) and is a Miele premier Typ-G660

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Fiona, yes I got it ;-)
This is a simple repair, but requires a part that you can easily install yourself with only a couple of basic tools.
The part is called a solenoid, it is an electrically operated button that pushes the detergent tray open.
They will fail over time just because of the moisture and the soap on it all the time.
It a common fault.
I will help you with this fix and I will stick with you until this is working but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Fiona.
Tech Michael, below is the best place to get that for price and reliability.
Please visit:www.espares.com.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is v helpful and I am going to rate you well....but before I sign off a couple of quick questions......

1. is it easy to get the part ?

2. where does it fit into?

Fiona

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi, it is easy to do, the part is just under the dispenser, we will remove that when you have the new one:-)
As for getting the part please call Espares: 0844 9777 888.
Thank you Fiona, once you rate I will lock us in so to get back up with me, simply reply to any of our messages and I will see it.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have looked this and it seems that I might need to get a complete new dispenser unit. There does not seem to be a solenoid for this machine and the solenoids that there are seem to be just as expensive as solenoid?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fiona,
The solenoid is the device that lets the detergent in at the correct time. It is a small part, but it is an electrically operated part that activates the dispenser. Does that make any sense to you?
Thank you Fiona.