Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Neff dishwasher model S5943X2GB 45cm slimline fully integrated.

Neff dishwasher model S5943X2GB 45cm slimline fully integrated. Drainage pump will not stop at end of cycle, so will not proceed to a new one. Have inspected filters above pump and opened the plastic inspection panel over the pump to clean pump impeller cavity but cannot see anything untoward. (the tap shaped warning light is on - suggesting water supply problem, but have inspected and cleaned filter at supply connection - where there is also good water pressure as far as I can see) So is this a programme circuitry problem?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, does the pump continue to run evene if you open the door?
Also, are you able to pull the machine out from under the worktop?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, pump continues with open door.

Yes, can pull machine out.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pull machine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tilt machine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

If you need more help, please just ask, In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have to admit am a bit wary about where the water will go when tipping it over as I can see that the main electric input terminal is very low down at the back.

I wonder if there is some way I can test there is water in the 'flood chamber' or test the flood guard trip switch ?

If you think it'll be useful, I'll have a go at the galv. metal side panels which look to be just clip-on affairs.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter

As long as you do it the way I described, gently raising it to 45 degrees it will be fine.

If you want you can removce the front kick panel, but on some models it wont come off

Let me know

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately tipping back did'nt produce any overflow water.

As front kick area is anyway covered by continuos furniture footing strip, now removed; decided just to be daring(!) removed LH galv side panel, and exposed the switchgear and upright water chambers. The bottom tray seemed to be completely dry, and could not see (or hear) any water (to expel) when I tipped or shook.

Being simple minded I was attracted to the pretty red upright plunger towards the front. It seemed to be connected by pivot arm to the back of the pump motor.

Having noted that the chamber the tip (of red plunger) pushed onto was a bit 'gungy', so tickled it a bit and decided to see what ever.

Switched on, and pump now stops when door opens.

Will run cycle, observe and let you know. (In about 60mins)

Cheers

Peter

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter

The red plunger is indeed the float activated switch, so well done.

If it gets stuck in the raised position this will bring on the pump.

It may be that there was water in there which has subsequently evaported. There doesnt need to be a lot of water to trip it.

Clean up the area and you should be good

If you need more help, please just ask.

Please dont forget to rate me as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today

Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.