Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Help!, when using our NEFF microwave oven H5972N0GB after 20(ish)

Customer Question

Help!, when using our NEFF microwave oven H5972N0GB after 20(ish) seconds it turn off and goes to Appliance Cooling mode. Also tried with other settings like 'Pizza' mode this give the same result.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
This is one of two things as the problem and i will keep you safe if you choose to work on this;-). As long as you follow my lead you will be fine.
How old is your microwave oven?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael, I think we got it around 2007-08, I don't know if the attachment will tell you precisely.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Thanks Geoff.
That works.
The problem is either one of the sensors inside the microwave has failed, very easy to replace.
But Let me ask, when you run the micro, does it sound any different than it used to?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it runs as if there no problem, same noises as always even the same noises if the appliance is cooling, even if there's nothng to cool after 20 seconds ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Geoff,
This is one of the sensors, there are two inside your unit.
They are inexpensive and super easy to replace just simple plugs on them and a couple of screws.
If you want to fix this, I will walk you through this so you are safe and you will be;-)
I will also provide the best place for getting the sensors, you may as well replace both once you have the unit open.
Please let me know?
Thanks Geoff.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm comfortable going inside this unit, I went in a good while back to replace a door spring so I know what to expect :-) thanks for checking.

Please tell me where to get the parts and I'll get them ordered

Thanks Michael,

Best wishes

Geoff

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Geoff,
The best place is Espares the info is listed below. All you need to tell them is that you want to order the thermal sensors for the magnetron and cavity.
You will need the make and model # XXXXX you call.
The repair only requires a few basic hand tools.
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Geoff.
Tech Michael

0844 9777 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls from within the UK are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Top Job....

as soon as i have the parts in my hand, i'll be back in touch :-)

Thanks again Michael

Geoff

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Geoff,
I will await your reply when you have the parts, please dont attempt this without me!!!
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do (contact you)

Geoff

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I will be here then.
Have a great day!