Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a trianco redfyre tro which is giving hot water for

Customer Question

I have a trianco redfyre tro which is giving hot water for the radiators but not for the the taps? It's starts to fire up but then stops but we don't have any hot water.
Help please.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is your boiler?
What do you hear when you open the tap? And for how long?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think the boiler is the original one for the house so at least 30 years old.
If I run the hot tap it doesn't make the boiler fire, but it is doing so spontaneously but not for ver long maybe 5 minutes. we have the immersion on at the moment, it has just fired now after running the tap.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Amanda,
That is working fine.
The problem is a check or zone valve that has failed.
It isn't letting hot water out of the boiler to the taps.
This is something thats not very expensive to fix, but does require a plumber or even a heating repair man to do for you unfortunately.
It may take about an hour to fix this if the area around the boiler is unobstructed:-)
I will stick with you until this is done and working ans also if you need me to locate a good tech in your area for this, but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Amanda!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Michael that sounds like a good diagnosis. If you can recommend someone to fix it that would be great.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Amanda,
Please let me know your state country and town so I can find the one best suited for this:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live near Cockermouth in Cumbria, in England.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Amanda:
Below is a list I made for you. All these ones, are listed as the top with no customer complaints this year ;-)
I will stick with you until you have this fixed, and please do keep me informed But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)

Thank you and have a great day Dorothy!
Tech Michael please see the list below:
Blue Flame Services Limited
www.blueflameserviceslimited.co.uk
We have been established over 5 years as a company and have 25 years of trade experience. We are CORGI registered and qualified for un-vented, solar power, LPG, natural gas, oil, full water regulations and energy efficiency. We are also Worcester Bosch accredited. CORGI registered 199570.
0845(NNN) NNN-NNNN- Unit 21 B Solway Trading Estate, Maryport, Cumbria, CA15 8NF
Steven Dixon Plumbing and Heating Services Ltd
0845(NNN) NNN-NNNN- The Hayes High Brigham, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0TJ
AFM Gas Services
01900 871396 - Moorclose Depot Westfield Dv, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3RL
7.7 miles from Cockermouth
C.H.P.Merchants
01900 66688 - Clay Flatts Indust Est Buddle Rd, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 2TG
7.7 miles from Cockermouth
Solway Heaters
01900 66888 - Clay Flatts Solway Rd, Clay Flatts Industrial Estate, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3YE
7.7 miles from Cockermouth

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could the problem be caused by the controller unit at all? This played up once before with the same symptoms my husband has just told me. We replaced it and it has been fine for 10 years, but we had a lot of power fluctuations over the winter?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Amanda, yes it could also as well. but if it is, that then the board will need to be replaced.
But the tech will test the functions for you there as well.
I will be here if you need me further;-)
Thank you Amanda.
Tech Michael