Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi, I have a Bosch classix 6 washing machine. It is about 7

Hi, I have a Bosch classix 6 washing machine. It is about 7 years old. Error F21 is appearing. Manual indicates that is a problem with the motor. No trouble with it before. Have 3 small kids. Gets plenty of use. If it is the motor could it be fixed or how much to replace? Any assistance appreciated. Regards, Ciaran.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you keep getting the F21 error code then to be honest its more likely to be worn carbon brushes in the motor rather then the motor itself which is good news as a new motor is about £220.

If you are looking at fixing yourself then you need to remove the motor from the washer and at the back of the motor are the carbon brushes. Take them out and inspect them and see if they have worn down.

But if you don't want to go messing with it yourself then if getting someone in to replace the carbons you are looking at about £70-80 for the repair so a lot cheaper then a motor.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.