Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The Dishwasher keeps sticking, we have to move the dial forward

The Dishwasher keeps sticking, we have to move the dial forward till it carries on washing, when it does end there is water left in the botom of the dishwasher, it is about 6 years old & is an Indesit
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model number D4200

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if that's the correct model then this dishwasher is a lot older then 6 years old as that model was from about 12-15 years ago roughly.

As to the fault when you restart the cycle the first thing it should do is bring the drain pump on. Does it do this?

If not if you listen carefully at the bottom do you hear a humming noise at the bottom?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for trying to sort this problem out for us, didn't realise we had had it that long.

Don't think it brings drain pipe on, there is a humming noise at the bottom, it does not drain the water, it appears to use the same water according to my wife.

Regards Bev & Dave

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok from what you say this sounds like either a blocked or faulty drain pump.

To access this you need to remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom below the door.

You may need to remove the outer door panel as well.

From there you will see the drain pump.

You need to scoop out the water inside the dishwasher.

Then remove the drain pump at the bottom and give this a good clean out.

Then retry it and see how it goes from there.

Fingers crossed that's sorted it but if its still the same or the pump wasn't blocked then im afraid you are looking at a faulty drain pump im afraid which will need to be replaced to cure this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel, I have asked my daughters partner to come round to look at the dishwasher using your guide, as my wife and I are disabled, I will rate your advice after he has looked at it.

Thank you for your patience.

Dave Bird

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dave

No worries that's fine. Im online most days so if you need anymore info just get back to me.