Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi ZDC46130w tumble dryer, about 6 years old.

Customer Question

I have a zanussi ZDC46130w tumble dryer, about 6 years old. I have today replaced the belt as it had failed. On re-assembly the unit worked again, but now only intermittently. It will spin twice and then stop, and then several minutes later will spin again. Was working well before the belt failed. I am concerned that I have upset something inside as I was unable to get the back fully off, so pulled the back away far enough to remove the rear bearing from its location and slipped the belt through). How is the back fully removed? Is this possibly a rotation sensor? Any other ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Set the dryer going on a cycle.

Then press and hold the start button and the button on the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the leds will go out.

So then let go and now the start light will be flashing.

You need to count the number or green flashes.

Then the number of red flashes and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There were first 5 red flashes and then a single green flash.

Steve.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

That error code you have is E51 which is a motor triac fault. Now the triacs are on the control board but what you need to do is remove the right hand side panel again and from there check the wiring block to the motor is fitted correctly and there isn't any lose or broken wires.

If that's ok then make sure the drum is able to turn by hand and its not jammed up by either the fan or drum has jammed.

If that's all ok then im afraid its possibley the control board at fault. As usually when you get this error code E51 its nearly always the control board at fault as a motor fault usually gives E52 instead.

So check the above out and see what you find. But if all ok then its looking like a faulty control board.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.