Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi Have an AEG single fan competence oven and it doesnt work.

Customer Question

Have an AEG single fan competence oven and it doesnt work. None of the lights are on.
Appreciate your help
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Do you have the model number please?

If there is a clock on the oven, is it showing anything?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

Its 944 185 739 00 3.0 KW

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mo

and the clock?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The clock is off. As if there is no electricity connection.

I had switched off the electricity at the mains. When switched it back on it worked for a short while and then stopped.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mo

OK
can you tell me how old this is?
Normally there are two seperate switches, one for the hob and one for the oven.
Is that so for you?

When you turn the electricity back on, does the clock light up?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its 3 years old. No seperate switch for hob and oven.

When switch the electricity back on, there is no light on the clock.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mo

OK
If you are sure that the one switch controls both hob and oven, it is possible that the wiring in the switch is loose.
You should only check this with the power turned off at the fusebox.

If that checks OK, the next thing to look at is the connection in the oven. This will mean removing the oven from its housing and checking the electrical connections at the back, where the cable enters.

If this checks out as OK, it would probably be the clock mechanism itself at fault, as the whole oven is supplied through the clock.

If yu need more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Rob. If I need some one to do this, do I call an electrician or someone who knows the oven?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mo

The best people is AEG

Alternatively, if you would like an all inclusive quote for the repiar, let me have your postcode and Ill check for you

Rob

Please dont forget to rate me as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Rob

My post code is SW10 9DR.

Will rate you now.

M

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mo

The price is £125

That includes the call out, labour, spares and VAT.

If youd like to book, please call Reapaircare on

0843 770 3366

Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm / Sat - 9am - 4pm / Sun - 11am - 3pm

They will book the appointment for their engineer to call

Rob